Financial Aid

Going to College?

The first step to enroll in college is to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is used to apply for federal and state student grants, work-study, and loans. We provide assistance with completing the FAFSA online or filling out a paper form. Walk-ins are welcome or you can photo-1435527173128-983b87201f4dcall to schedule an appointment and find out what you will need to bring to complete the FAFSA. Office hours are from 8:00 to 5:00 Monday-Friday. Please allow at least 30 minutes to complete.

Important Dates to Remember:

  • FAFSA is available January 1 of every year. (Example: The 2015-2016 FAFSA was available starting January 1, 2015.)
  • FAFSA year is from July 1 through June 30. (Example: July 1, 2015 through June 2016.)
  • FAFSA must be complete by March 10 every year for Indiana residents to be eligible for state aid for the upcoming FAFSA year.
  • FAFSA corrections must be completed by May 15.
  • EOC Saturday FAFSA Sessions will be February 27, 2016 and March 7, 2015 from 8am-noon.
  • The EOC will have scholarship applications for the 2016-2017 available in January 2016.

How Much Can I Get?
Federal Pell Grant: Amounts can change yearly! (Max amounts for 2014-15 $5,730; 2015-2016 $5,775) The amount you get depends on your financial need, your cost of attendance, your status as a full-time or part-time student, and your plans to attend school for a full academic year or less.
Indiana State “Frank O’Bannon Grant”: Up to $4,000 Amounts vary depending on need and availibility.
Student Loans: Talk with an advisor as it depends on several variables.
Scholarships: Talk with an advisor as it depends on several variables.

The EOC offers assistance with:

  • Understanding the financial aid process.
  • Applying for federal funds to help cover the costs of attending school.
  • Completing the FAFSA ID (which replaces the PIN number).
  • Completing and electronically filing the FREE Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • Entering college work-study programs.
  • Applying for state, local, and private scholarships.
  • Searching for scholarships on the Internet.
  • Reconciling defaulted student loans for school re-entry.

Ballinger, Ann D. Scholarship
For adults, 24 years or older, returning to school
Must attend an Allen County, Indiana accredited college, university, vocational, or technical school
To apply: Contact the Educational Opportunity Center at 260-745-5421